A Short Documentary About Ghana In The 1950s

This is a modern-day affairs form of documentary from past due 1950’s Britain, pretty impartial and impartial in tone, with a standard higher-magnificence “BBC English” presenter whose speaking head I see quite lots of and whose narration is continuous over the top of many cutaways of Ghana. The first section concerns Ghana’s new repute as a self-governed nation, free of British rule, and its first top minister, dr. Kwame Nkrumah.

The scene is on an African seaside where a person is drumming an ethnic rhythm on a couple of huge hand-made drums with more than one huts inside the heritage. It seems like a type of community base - numerous ladies, with baskets and bowls balanced on their heads, are on their way towards the shore where different people are milling around; a long line of tall palm trees lead into the distance; I see waves crash at the beach near us and on a stone jetty opposite (voice-over starts: usual male posh antique queen’s English).

Ghana, 1950’s - Film 19050

I see two timber cargo boats within the shallow waters by the shore, each surrounded by numerous bare-chested African crewmen. They’re unloading and docking the boats. I now see a large new white construction (possibly a college?) with dozens of current Africans in more Western fashion garments walking around. A good larger construction stands proudly, out the front of which modern-day motor motors are parked and bushes, timber, and grass grow. Back in a much less evolved shanty metropolis location, with difficult stone houses and dirt tune roads, many African human beings stroll past carrying a combination of ethnic gowns and scruffy Western t-shirts and shorts. They skip difficult road stalls, giving an impression of a busy developing international. Older guys, one Western glasses and a watch, stand outside chatting, sporting ethnic but essential looking gowns.

A confident African guy, with comparable attire to other moderately Ill-dressed citizens, smiles as he strides up an extensive stone staircase, surrounded and observed through several gown-clad guys plus in first-rate white uniforms, as a crowd of onlookers watch; the person is Kwame Nkrumah, the new prime minister of the newly formed black African kingdom of Ghana (march 6 1957), formerly the British gold coast colony. Huge loads of Ghanian citizens parade via the streets. I see a wide avenue, flanked by way of cutting-edge buildings, complete to the brim with teeming Ghanaians. Nkrumah is reading a speech from a massive sheet of paper right into a loudspeaker. The residents dance, cheer, and bounce inside the streets. Nkrumah gestures passionately as he speaks.

I see a tall enforcing statue of him protecting out his hand in front of the outstanding white parliament house (the name seems of this). In the studio, the narrator stands to carry a suit in front of a large photograph of Nkrumah’s poker face and addresses camera; he discusses Nkrumah’s magnetism and mass enchantment due to his struggles earlier in lifestyles (imprisonment being one) and his championing of the underdog’s purpose

3 Likes

Those were the good old day; the days of work and happiness

3 Likes

Osaygye Kwame Nkrumah was doing marvelous work until yaanom overthrew him

1 Like

@The-Apostle Kwame Nkrumah was a visionary leader. Ghana would have been far developed by now if he had not been overthrown

1 Like