There are so many challenges applying for a Nigerian Driver’s License however if you follow all the procedures outline below, applying for a Nigeria Driver’s License will be as easy as it can.
What do you need in order to apply for a Nigeria Driver’s License?
- You have to be trained as a driver by an accredited driving school in Nigeria.
- You have to take a driving test which is supervised by a member of the Nigeria vehicle inspection officers (VIO)
- You will be issued with a certificate of driving proficiency instantly as soon as the test has been passed.
- All you have to do is simply filling the application form and then make the payment request afterward.
- If you were able to pass the VIO supervised driving test, proceed with the acquisition of your Driver’s License by one of the procedures listed below.
How much do I need to pay for a Driver’s License in Nigeria?
Below is the list of costs or fees for applying for a new Driver’s License in Nigeria:
- You have to pay 8,000 naira for a certificate after you have completed your driving school.
- The cost of the VIO test is 1,000 naira.
- For the certificate for an eye test, you will pay 500 naira.
- You will have to pay 6,350 naira for the driver’s license and it is valid for 3 years or you can go for 5 years validity for which you to pay 10,450.
How to apply for a Nigerian driver’s license offline
- All that you need to do is to go to the nearest driver’s license office of your choice.
- The workers at the driver’s license center will ask you to fill an application form on your own at the driver’s license center.
- You will be asked to provide your birth certificate, learners’ permit, driving school learning certificate before giving you the driver’s license application form.
- To proceed with the entire procedure, you need to pay a compulsory fee online or to any of the approved banks of the DLC. When going to the bank, make sure to take a copy of your driver’s license application form with you so the bank can use your application ID to get access to process your driver’s license application fee payment.
- Now you have to go to their office personally. Do not send another person to get it done on your behalf.
- Now to get the endorsement, send all the needed or requested documents to the DLC and BIR (Board of Internal Revenue).
- All your needed documents will be requested and you also have to get all your biometric data captured by the FRSC officer.
- While waiting for the official driver’s license to be issued, you will be given a temporary driver’s license which is valid for 2 months.
- Go to the BIR office to pick up your official driver’s license after two months of your driver’s license application.
How to apply for a Nigeria driver’s license Online
- On your web browser, go https://www.nigeriadriverslicence.org/
- There is a driver’s license application form button on the homepage, click on it.
- Select “new driver’s license” when the drop-down appears.
- A blank field will appear, enter the certificate number of the driver’s license test you took, and tap or click validate.
- Fill out the required application form online after your test certificate number has been verified.
- Enter the payment for the driver’s license registration fee on the internet and then print out the confirmation form.
Wema Bank, First City Monument Bank, UBA UNION Bank are some of the accepted banks you can make this form of payment.