All around the world including Nigeria, Paypal is considered the most convenient payment gateway for doing business on the internet. One reason why I prefer Paypal is that it is accepted by almost every merchant online and most people also use it to make transactions online.
Over the years, Paypal has been the main payment platform used by freelancers in Nigeria and other African countries to receive their earnings and payment online. One would say he or she doesn’t need a Paypal account but what about if your business partner is demanding it? That is the reason why it is very important for everyone who does business online to have a Paypal account.
Most of the members of this forum have asked so many questions in the past about how to create a verified Paypal account in Nigeria and for that reason, I have taken my time to do a thorough finding on how to create, verify, and fund a Paypal account in Nigeria.
This guide is going to be restricted to only business Paypal account, do not worry because with a Paypal business account you can do any online transaction here in Nigeria. Make sure you do not select the Paypal personal account because you will not be able to change the country code of your phone number.
Once upon a time as a Paypal novelist, I used to read so many guides online on how to create a Paypal account. Some of these guides even required paying money and I even had a lot of setbacks through these methods. Could you believe some of the guides demand that you get an international phone and other cumbersome procedures?
Nowadays, getting a Paypal account in Nigeria is no more rocket science. Anyone with a valid Nigerian residential can create a Paypal account all you need to provide is your name and valid phone number in addition to your address.
I have carefully written this post to guide you on how to create a verified Paypal account in Nigeria. I am still using the Paypal account I created using this method as of now that I am writing this post.
So what at all is Paypal that a lot of people are desperate to get?
Paypal is an online e-wallet founded and registered in the US and other countries including the UK, Spain, Singapore Luxemburg, and Canada, etc. It has the largest global footprints I won’t be far from the truth if say it is the largest online wallet service.
Nigeria like many other countries in the world was once blacklisted by Paypal but due to several appeals by Nigerian internet users and other factors, Paypal lifted the ban, however, the ban was not fully lifted; A Nigerian can only make payments via Paypal but cannot receive money. That is the main reason why I have prepared this guide to help receive funds and withdraw from your Paypal account.
Advantages of owning a Paypal wallet
Since there are other numerous online wallets, what is so special about Paypal that so many people even pay money just to own one? Well, I think it is because of the fact Paypay has been able to stand the test of time and they have also built credibility over the years as the saying goes, the older the better.
The following are some of the reasons why people are desperate to get a Paypal account in Nigeria:
Paypal gives you what we call security of transaction
When creating an account with Paypal for the first time, you are asked to provide your credit card information once and for all hence you need to disclose them to any merchant again when making a transaction online.
Paypal makes it possible to buy from almost every merchant
Paypal gives you the chance to buy from millions of online merchants with just your electronic mail address and password. This is because Paypal is accepted by many vendors on the internet as a method of making payment.
Also receiving funds and doing transactions online with Paypal is very convenient and flexible and also, it comes with more options, and the cost involved is relatively less. On Paypal, all you need to add your preferred credit or debit to your account is just a click of a button and you are good to go.
Paypal is also fast and simple; by simply logging in to your Paypal account with email and password, you can send funds to your friend, make payment online, receive funds, pay bills, and a host of others within the shortest possible time.
What are the requirements to create a verified Paypal account in Nigeria?
- A mobile phone number (I prefer MTN because other networks in Nigeria receive the OPT from Paypal)
- Your full legal name
- A new email address
After you are done with the requirement above, you can continue with the registration on your personal computer. Use Yandex or Google Chrome browser if you want to do the signup on your phone and do not forget to select desktop mode when using a mobile phone.
Procedures involve creating a verified Paypal account in Nigeria
- On your desktop or mobile browser, go to PayPal’s official website
- Click sign up for a Paypal business account
- Now, fill in all your business and personal information
- Go to your email account to confirm your Paypal account
- Log in to your new Paypal account
- Finally, confirm all the additional information about you begin using your new Paypal account
Now, let me explain the entire process to you.
With your desktop or mobile browser, go to the official Paypal website
- Go to the Paypal Lesotho homepage: since the Nigerian Paypal account has limits, we will be using Paypal Lesotho.
- Select or click sign up for a Paypal business account: At this stage, please! Select a business account, not a personal account. The business account gives you more options than the personal account.
- Now fill in all your required business and personal information: Provide your name as written on your official government ID card. For the business name, you can use coin any random name if you don’t have a registered business. On the phone number field, select the Lesotho flag and click Nigeria in the next step then enter your Nigeria phone number. Enter 00234 as your postcode for the address, you can use your residential address if you do not have a business address. You can choose any currency of your choice mostly, the currency most used for your transaction preferably, the USD.
- When you are done with the above process, click on submit. But make sure you receive a confirmation email from Paypal before you proceed.
- You can now confirm your Paypal account right from your email address: Once you get a confirmation email from PayPal, it means your application was successful.
- Log in to your new Paypal account: Now sign in to your new Paypal account and complete all the remaining processes such as confirming your email address and other information about your business.
- To start using your new Paypal account, you need to confirm some additional information about yourself: Some of the additional info you need to provide are your photo, and business details. Once you are done with this, you can now use your fully functional Nigeria Paypal account to make all your online transactions.
- How can I put money into a Paypal account in Nigeria? There are three ways to fund a Paypal account in Nigeria;
• You can transfer the funds from your friends: You can fund your Paypal wallet conveniently by asking your friends who also have Paypal wallets to transfer funds to you. All you need to do is to give your Paypal email address to your friend and the naira equivalent of the amount want.
• You can also link your debit or credit card to your Paypal account and send funds from your debit card to your Paypal account.
• You can also buy from online electronic currency exchangers: There are so many online platforms that exchange Paypal just you have to be very careful when using this method and if possible, you should a good background check before proceeding.
How to withdraw funds from Paypal in Nigeria
To withdraw money from Paypal in Nigeria, you need a UBA Africard Card. To get the UBA card in Nigeria, all you need to do is go to the nearest UBA branch request it. After you have requested and linked your UBA card to your Paypal account, follow the steps below to withdraw funds from your Paypal wallet:
- Go to Send Money, Pay Online or Set Up a Merchant Account - PayPal
- Click withdraw funds within the account dashboard
- After that, click on next and choose your Paypal account balance
- Now click on next and select the visa card you have already linked to your account
- Enter the amount of money you want to withdraw and continue
- On the next screen, you will see a review of the particular transaction you are about to undertake. Just tap on transfer and the funds will be sent to your UBA card instantly. However, in the worst-case scenario, it can take up to 5 to 7 business days for your funds to get your funds.
That’s all the information you need to create a verified Paypal account in Nigeria. In case I left something out, free to alert me in the comment section below.