The KMPlayer is a versatile media player that can cover various types of container formats such as VCD, DVD, AVI, MKV, Ogg Theora, OGM, 3GP, MPEG-1/2/4, WMV, RealMedia, and QuickTime among others. It handles a wide range of subtitles and allows you to capture audio, video, and screenshots in many ways.
The player provides both internal and external filters with a fully controlled environment in terms of connections to other splitters, decoders, audio / video transform filters and renderers without grappling with the DirectShow merit system. Internal filters are not registered in the user’s system to keep it from being messed up with system filters.
In December 2008, KMPlayer was purchased by Pandora.tv, and continues to be made available as freeware.
KM Player software features include:
- Possibility to display subtitles
- Ability to change the template and application shell
- Possibility to define new codecs for it
- The least amount of memory and resources your system occupies
- High speed play and playback of your files
- Ability to display a small bar on your Windows screen
- Ability to use shortcuts to work with different parts of the program
- Ability to define and set the playback keys easily
- Support for shell and plugins in the app
- The ability to display file information fully supports compressed files
- Full support for DVD formats
- Full support for flash files
- High-end support of digital cameras
- Ability to play AAC, OGG files
- Shockwave Flash / FLC / FLI support
- Charming and beautiful skins
- Ability to sync with Winamp plugins
- Support for audio and video formats: VCD, DVD, AVI, MKV, Ogg Theora, OGM, 3GP, MPEG-1/2/4, WMV, RealMedia, and QuickTime.
- SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Operating System: Windows 2000 or later (32-bit or 64-bit)
Processor: 2.4 GHz or equivalent.
RAM Memory: 400 MB.
Graphics card: Graphics card compatible with DirectX 9.0 or superior.