THROWBACK: See photos of China when it was still underdeveloped

China is the world’s most populous country, with a population of about 1.428 billion in 2017. China is the biggest country positioned completely inside Asia, covering over 3.7 million square miles. The larger section of the country is mountainous. Its important ranges are the Tien Shan, the Kunlun chain, and the Trans-Himalaya. In the southwest is Tibet, which China annexed in 1950. The Gobi Desert lies to the north.

China proper consists of three outstanding river systems: the Yellow River (Huang He), 2,109 mi (5,464 km) long; the Yangtze River (Chang Jiang), the third-longest river in the world at 2,432 mi (6,300 km); and the Pearl River (Zhu Jiang), 848 mi (2,197 km) long. It has an large coastline on the Pacific Ocean.

China is one of the oldest cultures on the planet, and has made famed contributions to all sorts of art, literature, architecture, engineering, and more. Western audiences would be most acquainted with China’s architecture, particularly the Great Wall of China (which, contrary to famous belief, can’t be viewed from house with the bare eye).

Below are the photographs of China when it used to be nevertheless underdeveloped:

3 Likes

They started from somewhere so at least, Africa can also do what they have done with some little effort.

4 Likes

@Nyaako, I agree with you 100 percent

4 Likes

Rome, they say was not built in a day. Little by little, if Africans would get back to the board to correct the scripts, i believe Africa shall prevail…

4 Likes

From the images above, one could trace that they were physically, emotionally and spiritually ready to put things right in their country…

4 Likes

You are perfectly right, Rome was not built in day. The question here is that, is Africa making an effort at to do something at all?

4 Likes

A million dollar question. Infact, a question for the gods … :joy::joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

They man who led the Chinese out of poverty is called Chairman Mao, through what he called culture transformation.

3 Likes

Thumbs up China

3 Likes

The have ever rule the world before but the fell down from grace and were humiliated by the Japanese, Russian and western countries for 100 years.

But this time around, they’re back in a grande style.

2 Likes

:dizzy:

2 Likes

Yeah man, I remember coming across his name in one book I read … chairman Mao ze dong. Chinese do not joke with that man’s doctrine at all… China is governed on the basis of his doctrine… recently, a chinese professor criticised him and he was striped off all his certificates. That is China for you… how I wish we could have strong systems in Ghana that even if the devil himself comes to rule us, by virtue of those systems he/she can’t do whatever he/she like and get away with it…

3 Likes

China is back in deed , now they are purchasing and auctioning countries; A case study of Zambia.

3 Likes

What Chairman Mao did was, he transformed the average Chinese spiritually, mentally, and physically. That was exactly what Nkrumah was doing.

3 Likes

Unfortunate for Nkrumah he was overthrown and was made powerless…

3 Likes

Do you recalled what I told you the other time? Hide your strength by your time. In other words, hide your strength and buy more time.

Those are the words of the Chinese great leader, Deng XiaopingDeng_Xiaoping

If Nkrumah had understood that strategy, he would have been alive by now.

3 Likes

Oh! How I wish I could turn the hands of time.

3 Likes

But we can not revisit the past.

3 Likes

I really remember…

3 Likes

Mao :raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands: sacrificed for this!!!
He made sure his country was first before any other thing can’t say same for our current leaders

3 Likes