Without any doubt, PayPal is the number one online payment wallet that is widely used and accepted by many online stores to pay for goods and services. One interesting feature that makes PayPal stand tall among its peers is its money back or refund policy; when you make any transaction online using PayPal, and you were not satisfied, you can call for a refund, and PayPal would give you a full refund.
However, the most disappointing thing about PayPal is that they don’t operate in Ghana, in other words, they don’t accept Ghanaians on their website. In fact, as at the time that I was putting together this post, PayPal only supports 191 countries. The following are the countries that are not accepted by PayPal:
Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Cote D’Ivoire (Ivory Coast), Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (North Korea), Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Ghana, Haiti, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Liberia, Libya, Monaco, Moldova, Montenegro, Myanmar, Pakistan, Paraguay, Saint Lucia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Timor-Leste, Uzbekistan, and Zimbabwe.
Moreover, Ghanaians, in particular, are very optimistic of being added to PayPal anytime from now till the end of 2020 because the vice president of Ghana, Dr. Mahmoud Bawumia, on May 11, 2018, said that they were having discussing with PayPal and he was very sure that Ghana is set to be PayPal compliant by 2020.
Anyways, if PayPal supports Ghana or not, we should be able to pay for service or shop online with PayPal from Ghana. As the saying goes “There’s more than one way to skin a cat” so as we also have many ways of creating PayPal account from non-compliant countries. All that you need to do to get your own PayPal account in Ghana or any of the non-compliant countries is to follow the steps below, after all, there are so many Americans and Europeans using PayPal without any problems in Ghana.
- With your Laptop, Desktop, or Smartphone, open your browser and type PayPal’s website URL: www.paypal.com On their website, click on the link signup.
- After that choose the type of PayPay account that is suitable for you (personal or business) and then click on the link continue.
- Then enter your email address and then create a very secure password, confirm the password, and hit continue.
- Fill in the required data such as your name, telephone number, zip code, postal address, etc. into the forms and continue.
- Read their terms and condition and then click on agree and continue.
- Then create your PayPal account and proceed to the next step.
- Enter the details of your credit or debit and a bank account that you link to your PayPal wallet and continue.
- If you follow the above steps perfectly, the PayPal team will send a verification email to the email address you provided during signup.
- Go to the inbox section of your email account and verify the PayPal email account by clicking on the link sent you by PayPal.
- On PayPal’s website, enter the password you created during signup and then click confirm.
- That’s all, you can now start using PayPal right away from Ghana.