What Is the name of this scary animal this Nigerian Hunter killed?

The following picture were posted by a Nigerian Facebook user a couple of days a go. According to the Facebook user, the wild animals were killed by a hunter from a village in Delta State, Nigeria.

Amongst all the wild beasts, it is only the big Scarry, black and white one that I don’t know and I will be very happy if any of you can tell me the name.

20200421104305_-118417429_476_362_webp

20200421104305_2127965480_480_360_webp

3 Likes

This is African raccoon also known as Kankani in twi

3 Likes

This is a wild or bush dog

2 Likes

Is it not a fox? It look like a fox to me.

4 Likes

This is a wild dog known as raccoon. Taking a closer look at it, you might think it is a Hyena but it not a Hyena just that they look alike.

3 Likes

That is a Raccoon. It is an endangered spice so I don’t know why people keep on poaching them.

3 Likes

Well @NiiAyiBontey you may be right, but let also consider African civet. African civet looks exactly like the description of the animal I see in the image …

4 Likes

Have you ever heard of the Kankani (in two)?

3 Likes

Yeah, you are right, it looks like African civet.
animal

3 Likes

Yes my boss but a second look at the racoon compared to the African civet tells me that the animal in the pictures is an African civet

4 Likes

So what are difference between the African civet and Raccoon?

3 Likes

Oh I get it. Maybe I will be talking about wild animals and their names in two in my upcoming posts.

3 Likes

The sight of a civet at night often evokes fear among urban people but they are actually shy animals and seldom attack people unless provoked, Raccoons can be dangerous to have on your property or in your home; raccoons are common carriers of rabies and other serious diseases that can be passed onto you and your pets. If you or a pet come into contact with a raccoon and are bitten or scratched you should seek immediate medical attention.

4 Likes

@NiiAyiBontey at least this should tell you the difference…

4 Likes

Oh I see, and what is the name of African civet in twi?

3 Likes

It could be one of these “, kɔkɔte, ahweawa, bɛnkoro”

4 Likes

kɔkɔte is wild boar
wild-boar

3 Likes

:astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished:chai… Am gone koraaa… :running_man::running_man::running_man::running_man::running_man:t3:‍♂:running_man::running_man::running_man::running_man::running_man::running_man::running_man:

3 Likes

and this is bɛnkoro

3 Likes

Eeeeiiish , :astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished::running_man:t3:‍♂:running_man:t3:‍♂:running_man:t3:‍♂:running_man:t3:‍♂:running_man:t3:‍♂:running_man:t3:‍♂:running_man:t3:‍♂:running_man:t3:‍♂:running_man:t3:‍♂:running_man:t3:‍♂:running_man:t3:‍♂:running_man:t3:‍♂:running_man:t3:‍♂:running_man:t3:‍♂:running_man:t3:‍♂:running_man:t3:‍♂:running_man:t3:‍♂:running_man:t3:‍♂:running_man:t3:‍♂chairman I was playing ooo…

4 Likes