Will IPTV replace satellite TV?

Do you think IPTV will replace satellite TV in the future?

A lot of people keep on asking me this question for some time now that is why I have decided to raise the topic here so that the noble members of 1plusall can add their views.

For me personally, I think satellite TV have been around for a very long time and it has proven to be stable over the years. In simple put, I will say satellite TV have stand the test of time.

IPTV on the other hand has a very good concept however, the current internet networking infrastructure does not fully support IPTV. I mean the high streaming quality and also data usage hence IPTV is no much for the stable and robust satellite TV.

So what is your own view, Will IPTV replace satellite TV?

3 Likes

This question is very straight forward, IPTV is a technology that is still in beta stage and it will take a long time for it to catch up with satellite TV.

2 Likes

When it comes to TV, the satellite will always be the king. If current satellite TV operators will embrace innovation, they can repurpose the current satellite infrastructure and then beam the space. You can read more about this topic on Elon Musk’s SpaceX project.

2 Likes